Skitchen Bakers Seasoned Cast Iron Sourdough Pan Max 39cmx26.5cm
The Skitchen cast iron sourdough pan max is the perfect choice for any home cook or professional chef. The pan is made of durable cast iron, which ensures even heat distribution and retention. Additionally, the pan has a non-stick surface, making it easy to cook with and clean. It is suitable for larger loaves and different shape loaves that use between 400g and around 600g worth of flour*. (Not including your starter and hydration and other ingredients.) *You may be able to bake a loaf that uses slightly more flour depending on the recipe.
How The Brisbane Sourdough Pan helps you bake better Sourdough Bread:
- SHALLOW BASE: Unlike most enameled pans, slow cookers or dutch ovens, the shallow base of the pan makes it easy for the baker to place dough into the pan without the risk of spilling or getting burnt from the sides of the pan.
- OPTIMAL STEAM: The pan’s lid ensures your bread is baked with optimal steam to get that perfect result. There is no need to add extra water or lava rock because the moisture from the dough is trapped around the loaf while baking. Some of our customer reviewers couldn’t believe the rise they got from their bread in our pans.
- ERGONOMIC HANDLE: The strategically designed handles, ensure easy and safe opening / closing of the lid, plus movement to and from the oven.
- DESIGNED FOR ALL SHAPES OF SOURDOUGH: The depth and width of the lid allows the dough to expand perfectly during baking. This makes it suited to all sizes and shapes of sourdough. The Max Pan is especially suited to larger or longer loaves.
- PRE-SEASONED: The Brisbane Sourdough Pan is seasoned with vegetable oil to prevent it from rusting.
BEFORE FIRST USE:
Before you use The Brisbane Sourdough Pan for the first time, make sure you do the following:
- Rinse with water (with a small amount of detergent)
- Dry completely
- Pan is already pre-seasoned, so start using once dry
For the best care and maintenance of your cast iron pan, make sure you:
- Don’t store pan when it’s still wet
- Don’t soak pan in the water
- Don’t expose hot pan to cold water
- Don’t use animal based oil or olive oil for seasoning, stick with canola oil or vegetable oil
Before buying your pan, please check that the dimensions below will suit your oven.
EXTERIOR (HANDLES INCLUDED)
- Length 390 mm
- Width: 265 mm
- Height: 137 mm
INTERIOR (HANDLES INCLUDED)
- Length: 310 mm
- Width: 240 mm
- Height: 125 mm
- Total: 9.4 kg
- Lid: 5.4 kg
- Base: 4.0 kg
Cast Iron sourdough Pan Max